Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A dream...Psalm 23



Hi...
 I once got a dream...In the dream I'm calling a sister from Church and telling her..."Hi sis I'm very tired ..physically drained out"
( I literally was feeling that way as I had over exerted myself doing lot of cleaning etc)
She told me.."Julia just keep saying Psalm 23 over & over again"
That's all, soon after my alarm rang and I woke up and it was 6.15 AM.
Thought of starting to say "Psalm 23".
But as soon as I said the 1st verse...my mind got jammed with so..many voices saying different verses of Psalm 23 at the same time...just to confuse me and I could not go beyond verse 1..
I knew the enemy was disturbing my thoughts.
(He too can quote scriptures..:)
he did not want me to say Psalm 23.
So opened the Bible and read that Psalm.

Psalm 23

A psalm of David.
 1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.  2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
       he leads me beside quiet waters,

 3 he restores my soul.
       He guides me in paths of righteousness
       for his name's sake.

 4 Even though I walk
       through the valley of the shadow of death,
       I will fear no evil,
       for you are with me;
       your rod and your staff,
       they comfort me.

 5 You prepare a table before me
       in the presence of my enemies.
       You anoint my head with oil;
       my cup overflows.

 6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
       all the days of my life,
       and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
       forever.


Then through the day I kept repeating "THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD" and really felt my strength renewed...
Guess what I was just about to sign out of Multiply that night and the last posting I saw in my in box was from a sister in Christ Lani and was titled.. was titled "Psalm 23"..
So I clicked to open it but the page just froze..
But I was not going to give up..
Kept refreshing and read it....
Coincidence??
No I think God wanted me to read it again...






Is He strengthening me or preparing me for something??
Is that a word of encouragement and comfort??
PRAISE GOD FOR HIS WORD..
It always refreshes, restores, edifies, strengthens.
This was Lani's post.
 The Lord is my shepherd................that's a Relationship !
I shall not want.........that's Supply !
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures..........that's Rest !
He leadeth me beside the still waters........that's Refreshment !
He restoreth my soul.........that's Healing !
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness.......that's Guidance !
For His name sake.......that's Purpose !
Yea,though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death.......that's testing !
I will fear no evil.......that's Protection !
For Thou art with me......that's Faithfulness !
Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me........that's Discipline !
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine Enemies.....that's Hope !
Thou annointest my head with oil.........that's Consecration !
My cup runneth over........that's Abundance !
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life.........that's Blessing !
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord........that's Security !
Forever...........that's Eternity !
Have a blessed day
Julia

15 comments:

  1. God works in mysterious ways sister and we should never think that he doesn't come to us in dreams, there is a reason and a purpose for all things, and remember sister, signs follow believers
    what a blessing this is..God bless you
    lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Sis Julie, in the name of yours and my Lord Jesus Christ.
    I have had something similar happen to me, on occasion.
    Part of it is the devil tempting you wanting you to fall short of the glory of God.
    When he does this to me, I say exactly what my mom taught me as a little girl..I simply say; Satan, I rebuke you, in the name of Jesus! Be done with you..
    Heavenly Father please come into my earthly spirit, and dwell, for I need your strength.
    It works, every time.

    God bless..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes He speaks to us through visions & dreams too..!!
    Thanks for stopping by dear Sunny,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. True Terra....
    This has always worked ....
    We overcome the enemy by the Blood of the Lamb, and the word of our testimony!!
    He shudders & flees in the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord....
    Thanks for stopping by..:)
    Stay blessed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that verse and love to read it over and over again. :-D And there's a verse also in Psalm 91. that's a great verse too! GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME! God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMEN SIS JULIA,
    THERE IS SO MUCH COMFORT IN THE 23RD PSLAM. WHEN I WAS VERY ILL THE LORD HAD ME PRAY IT. WHAT IS WONDERFUL ABOUT THIS PSALM IS "THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD". IT IS POSSESIVE. DAVID KNEW THE LORD WAS HIS SHEPHERD, HIS ONLY.THIS SHOWS US HIS TRUE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE LORD. HE KNEW GOD INTIMATELY. THIS PSALM IS PERSONAL. AS A SHEPHERD KNOWS EVERYONE OF HIS SHEEP, THE SHEEP KNOWS THE SHEPHERDS VOICE.WHAT INTIMACY, I LOVE IT!!! BLESS EVERYONE THIS DAY. HUGS SIS BRENDA

    ReplyDelete
  7. .....you are such a blessing Julie......every day.....you inspire and teach and praise......i'm just glad to know ya..........thank YOU JESUS for sharing her with us.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. ....thank you LORD for Lori too......

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!!
    How I needed to read this again to encourage myself in the Lord...
    Thanks Shehnaaz..for leading me here.......

    ReplyDelete
  10. AMEN!!
    Where are you my brother..Sean...
    It's ages since I seen you...
    Trust yr education is done..
    God richly bless you and yr family......

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is Good All the time!!
    Bless you my dear sis..from Israel...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shehnaaz..if you read this know that I was blessed today....
    Thanks you for leading me here.......
    JESUS CHRIST LOVES YOU SO...MUCH.......

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's true Brenda....
    Bless you sis...

    ReplyDelete